The Nordic Flame Days is the Nordic meeting point for everybody involved in combustion or combustion related processes. The Flame Days 2017 will take place in Stockholm and is a meeting arranged by the Swedish and Finnish National Committees of International Flame Research Foundation (IFRF) and the Scandinavian-Nordic Section of the Combustion Institute (CINS). The meeting also includes a CINS Topical meeting on Large Scale Numerical Simulations.
The Nordic Flame Days involves typical combustion related topics like:
- Combustion concepts including for example co-combustion, high-temperature combustion, pressurized combustion, and more.
- Gasification of coal and biomass
- Fuel characterization
- Diagnostic and in-flame measurement techniques
- Combustion process modelling and optimization
- Flexibility of thermal fuel conversion systems
- Emission control and CO2 mitigation
- Ash management and other residues